- This how-to assumes that you have already installed Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS, have SSH enabled in order to remotely manage the server, and have followed Part 1 of this tutorial
- I prefer to use nano as my text editor, because it's stupid simple. Ctrl+W is for search, Ctrl+X is for close/save.
- I run these commands as sudo. Use sudo su in order to drop into permanent sudo mode.
Installing the Transcoding Tools
- First and foremost, you'll have to download the ViMP installer and move it to your server with a program such as FileZilla. Because the download is behind a login, you won't be able to do a wget to download. I recommend putting the download in your home folder and launching the installer from there. I had problems when I uploaded it to the recommended location, /var/www/.
- Once ViMP is loaded on the server, make it executable:
chmod +x vimp.framework-
- Start the install script: